Our award-winning Crisis Response program was developed specifically for school districts to ensure that schools and local agencies are prepared to act in the event of a crisis, whether an active shooter, bomb / IED or other crisis event.
This predefined and customizable program includes the training, tasks, forms, reporting systems and other tools for a complete school-focused crisis response program.
The following tools are included, plus the automated system to ensure each requirement is accomplished timely and completely by the appropriate staff or vendor:
Staff Training and Awareness
- Active Shooter
- School Lockdown (drill)
- Bomb Threat / IED Preparedness
- FEMA Courses
- Emergency Response Plan (custom course)
- District Procedures (custom course)
Student Training and Awareness
- ALICE Active Shooter Response Training
- Student Bullying Reporting System: Telephone and online systems for reporting bullying issues
- Student Safety Reporting System: Telephone and online systems for reporting safety, health, wellness and safety concerns
- Crisis Prevention written plan development and/or coordination with PublicSchoolWORKS program elements
Forms, Documents and Posters
- Plans & Procedures: Lockdown drill procedures, emergency action plans, crisis plans, communications to first responders, and more, including customization to district plans & procedures or use of PublicSchoolWORKS models
- Forms: Drill records, reporting forms
- Other: FAQs to parents
Recurring Managed Safety Tasks
Auto-emailing of predefined or custom notices, as in the examples below:
- Crisis Response Drills: Lockdown, active shooter, fire, tornado, earthquake, and other drill types.
- Meetings with law enforcement, SWAT teams, K-9 teams, bomb squads and other emergency responders to prepare for and ensure effective communication, training and execution in preparation for a crisis event
- Building-specific Tasks: Building preparation, location of emergency systems and shutoffs, assembly of crisis kits (containing radios, crisis flipcharts, floor plans,
- Ongoing Security Maintenance Tasks: Managing ongoing testing and maintenance of emergency systems, camera/surveillance systems, alarm/notification systems, communications systems and security systems
- System providing parent access to Student Bullying & Safety Reporting Systems, training provided to students, training provided to staff, and access to national crisis hotlines.
24/7 Access to Support
- Telephone reporting for bullying, violence or other student safety concerns
- Training and system support
- Award-winning Client Services Team
- Support for district communications team to introduce programs in to their communitystaff roster, pre- and post-emergency contact numbers, first aid kits, flashlights, etc.) and review of crisis plans